Tuesday, April 24, 2012

my best friend is getting married.

In honor of my best friend, Casey, getting married, I thought I would put up some embarrassing, hilarious pictures from our friendship.

I started writing a sentimental journey of our friendship, but thought I should save that for the wedding.  :)

Anyone who knows me, knows Casey.  She and I have been best friends since freshman year of high school, when she told me she liked my ribbon I was wearing... in my hair.  (I carried the trend from middle school.. what then)  Ten years later, we are still besties.  Our deep friendship has been such a sweet blessing from God!

Many of these pictures are the edited version, for we too are broken and have some interesting things from our past.  However, God has brought us tons of healing and taught us so much along the way.  One is that I used too much eyeliner (which Casey first introduced me to, along with the hair straightner).  


Not long after our friendship began.. Freshman year Homecoming

Freshman year of college


At da club








First week after our senior year of high school










Greenville Christmas parade.. this really happened

wal-mart.  really?

oh i love this picture!


and we entered a hard core outdoorsy phase in college.  and man, were we ever.



too cool for you.

The Lord has blessed us immensely through our friendship and I am deeply thankful that she is my sister through Jesus.  

I love that she is getting married!!  Marriage is soo good and I love that God uses it in the broken world to display His love and goodness.

What a beautiful picture:
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  In this way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies.  He who loves his wife loves himself.  ... 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.'  This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the church."
Ephesians 5:25-32

I love this also, as we are apart of God's bride, the church.
"As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."
Isaiah 64:5

Did I mention she is marrying one of the coolest guys ever?!  :)

Love you Casey and Chris!  So excited for ya'll!

Lylas.

2 comments:

  1. Highlight photos of this post:
    -Our half-updo's from homecoming
    -Dancing in Mrs. Debbie's kitchen
    -Elf hats...in front of all of Greenville
    -And ohh, the bandanas. The picture I most likely sent in on my camp counselor application to appear hardcore.

    LOVE YOU SO MUCH BEST FRIEND!
    (And love you even more for refraining from posting the really embarrassing ones to the world. We'll keep those in the dedicated page in your scrapbook.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious and awesome. My favorite picture is the one where you are looking into each others' eyes. Ya'll are beautiful inside and out, and I'm sending prayers for a wonderful weekend and a sweet marriage for you, Case.

    ReplyDelete